Jersey sizing can be difficult, I understand! Check out this basic jersey sizing guide to simplify your shopping experience at Rare Vintage Wear.
Some things to keep in mind before we get started:
- Think about how you want your jersey to fit (Baggy, Loose, Tight, Ect.)
- All jerseys fit differently. Several different brands make jerseys and they all fit a little different!
- Authentic jerseys fit differently than replica jerseys, the same goes with different sports.
- Your clothing size may not always match up with your jersey size (Sometimes you may size up, sometimes you may size down, don’t be afraid!)
- Older jerseys often run smaller than newer jerseys (People grow, so do jerseys keep this in mind when purchasing!)
Historically the number to jersey size breakdown is:
- Size 36 = Men’s Small
- Size 40 = Men’s Medium
- Size 44 = Men’s Large
- Size 48 = Men’s Extra Large
- Size 52 = Men’s XX-Large
- Size 54-56 = Men’s XXX-Large
- Size 60 = Men’s XXXX-Large
Original NBA Basketball jerseys have been produced by Sandknit, Starter, Puma, Nike, Reebok, Champion, and Adidas. Retro jerseys were produced by Mitchell and Ness. The sizing from brand to brand doesn’t always match up. Typically Starter, Nike, Sandknit, and Champion jerseys run smaller than Reebok and Adidas jerseys. Usually Youth Large and Extra large jerseys will fit men who wear a small or medium tank top.
Original NHL Hockey jerseys have been produced by Sandknit, CCM, Maska, Koho, Nike, Starter, Pro Joy, Reebok, Bauer, and a few others. Retro jerseys have been produced by Mitchell and Ness. Hockey jerseys tend to run larger than most jerseys, I would suggest sizing down from your normal size (If you wear a large in clothing, wear a medium hockey jersey) but again older jerseys from the early 80’s and 90’s will run a little smaller. Starter hockey jerseys also run smaller than CCM jerseys
Original NFL Football jerseys have been produced by Wilson, Reebok, Nike, Adidas, Puma, Sandknit, Russell, Champion, and a few others. Retro jerseys have been produced by Mitchell and Ness. Football jerseys tend to run more true to your normal size. Keep in mind sleeve length will change depending on the jersey year.
Original MLB Baseball jerseys have been produced by Majestic, Russell, Sand Knit, Wilson and a few others. Retro jerseys have been produced by Mitchell and Ness. Baseball jerseys also tend to run true to your original size.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about sizing, email@example.com